Thursday, August 28, 2008

Be thankful

I always say ~ as much as we have been wanting a baby for a while, NOTHING can prepare us on what comes with the "baby package". That's exactly what had happened on Tuesday afternoon.


As I was driving home with Yoshi from a store, just as I got off the highway exit, look at the rear mirror and there Yoshi started to throw up. So I pulled into a parking lot, and got him out of the car. He felt relief perhaps, all I remember saying to him was "It's ok, it's ok...." Of course, I didn't have any backup clothes in my bag (didn't it always happen that way?!), luckily I have a bunch of towels, so I wraped around him with his diaper only all the way home. He was fine afterwards, just a bit tired. .....well, make long story short, he did throw up once more after going to bed in 30 mins, luckily Nori was home by then, so there was extra help. It was a long long night. Yesterday we didn't do anything as I was feeling upset stomach, I think there was a stomach flu going around, just hope that Nori won't catch the same thing from us......... well, today we are feeling much better. It seems like just a quick 24 hrs flu went by.

Though seeing little Yoshi throw up was a horrified scene, but u know what, afterall, there are lots to be thankful for:

- luckily it happened after I got off the highway, can't imagine where to pull off if I'm driving on the busy highway....

- luckily on the way driving home, Yoshi was still able to give me smiles to calm me down...

- luckily Nori was home when it happened again, so I won't be over panic....

- luckily Nori forced me to take 2 pills last night for my stomach flu, so I could sleep well (yes, I hate hate hate medicines!!)

- luckily..............luckily we are all feeling better now.

- As a bonus ~ I think Nori figures out how a car seat is made, because we have to totally dis-assemble it for cleaning...

You know...sometimes we just have to think a little different, then situation wasn't that bad afterall.

So happy to see his smile and energy back (strolling at the park this afternoon)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care!

Anonymous said...

The more I read from your Blog, the more I realise that taking care of a baby is not easy. I mean, I've two nephews but my sister didn't record her days in detail, so I tend to ignore her pains (haha). But you're right, there is so much to be thankful for, last time my nephew threw up on my sister's head (inside a Chinese restaurant, when my sister knelt down next to him after his first vomit trying to clean up the floor) ---- and though the whole family was there, they disappeared immediately as my eldest nephew was about to do the same upon seeing that (I used "they", because I was the one who stayed behind to help) ... it was pathetically funny ! hahaha

shame that I didn't have a camera with me.

Auntie Anna

Kambayashi said...

Anna, I can't imagine having someone vomit on my head?!?! that would be horrible, worse than having bird poop.

Every job has its own challenges, stay at home mom is no exceptional. However, with the support from everyone, seeing how Yoshi grows up each day, learning new things, his smiles....that helps to keep everyday going. Just like your job too, there are ups and downs, so much to learn as well.