Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Me Block"

Yoshi's teacher had asked each student (& parent) to make a "Me Block". Basically was to fill the box with photos and things, so the student could make a small presentation/ Q&A in the class. I printed out the photos, then discussed each with Yoshi, and decorated together.

Here are few funny thing during the process:
1) I had a photo of Yoshi's swallon eyes and face right after the peanut allergy. Thinking to put that on the box and let everyone know about it. But he refused to glue that photo or even to just write something about it. He kept saying he doesn't want that photo....perhaps at age 4, he knows what looks good or BAD....

2) We had a baby (2 days old) photo of Yoshi. He kept saying that's NOT him. He said that's Kiharu. I explained to him that's when he was little. But he kept pointing to another recent photo of him and said "see, I look different, it's not me".....

3) (I was pointing to the photo of Nori) "Yoshi, teacher and classmates won't understand when u say "Otousan". So how do you say Otousan in English?".......................... after thinking for a few seconds: "N-O-R-I"

2 comments:

amy said...

what a meaningful project! great job mom! :)

btw, re lookalike, i always tend to say the kids look like mac for their negative traits. e.g. mac is a miser - and rafael is a super miser! :P

Anonymous said...

wow ... it looks really nice (and sweet) ! I think I'll make one for my parents later, have got used to seeing photos on the computer and forgotten how different it is to hold them in our hands (and with illustration of them !)

Auntie Anna