Monday, July 28, 2008

What would you do?

Here is the scenario:

Saturday at 8:30a.m, while preparing breakfast (Yoshi woke us up really early that morning), there was a knocking on the front door (yes, it's knocking, not ringing door bell, who knows why?!). There was this young man standing few steps away from the door, with a nice morning greeting, waiting to give his sales speech...........what would you do if you are the one who opened the door?

If it's me (mama), I would say "Can I help you?"............."Sorry, I'm not interest, thanks. Have a good day."......make it short. All he could remember me probably was just the head part, because I would only leave door 20 degree opened................

BUT..........that guy was lucky, because it's NORI that "entertained" them that morning, and here was the highlight:

- "Knock knock...." (front door)

- Nori: "I will go and check it out"

- then he came bk "are u interest in letting this educator comes in to give us some information?"

- "HECK NO!!" so he went back out to relate my response.

- ...........3 mins pass...."where's Nori?!" (as I wondered)

- then I looked thru the peephole, there was Nori chatting with this young man (not educator, but teenage working for summer part time job perhaps)

- ...........another minute passed, then Nori showed up with the bourches..

- "he's selling these books, and I tried to tell him we are not interest, but he insisted me to show you..."

- ?!?!?!?! "NO, we are not interest, and why are you still out there chatting?!"..... "Oh wait!! let me take a photo of this, so I can put on blog"

- and there he went back to relate my response again. (I'm sure at this point, that young man was picturing me as a mean wife....haha)

-..........another minute passed, Nori finally showed up for breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~Nori stepped out for a while in the afternoon. Then that night, he asked:
- "Has that guy (the young man) returned?"

- ?!?! "Why would he?"

- "I told him we are not interest in his books, but he insisted to come back and show u when u are available, so I told him maybe around 5p.m."

- "WHAT?!?!?!?!?! why would I be interest in talking to him if I insisted NO this morning. Why didn't you just say we are not available and please don't come back"

......................hm...........well, up till now, that young man never return, and hope the story remain as-is. It was definitely the highlight of the morning and a great topic for the blog. Thanks Nori.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still remembered taking pictures for your blog when you were fighting away the salesman ... I'm impressed ! :P

Auntie Anna