Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone.  Wishing everyone good health and happiness this new year.

Where had the holiday gone? the10 days of Nori's vacation went by way too fast. We did a lot of gathering with friends, stay home resting, so much.... just not enough time to update blog... (LAZY).

The kids are doing well. Yoshi went thru a few days of flu right before Christmas. Now he has little bit of coughing, but he should be ok. Kiharu....everyday super energetic, being silly is her strength. ^_^ They are growing so fast, wish they could slow down, I treasure everyday with them.





 One other thing I did was learning how to make Osechi (Japanese New Year dish). I learned from one of my Japanese friend, she is amazing in cooking. She spent a week in the kitchen preparing everything. I only learned from her on one day, while Nori babysat the kids at home. It was a lot of fun. I hope to make more next year, now I just need all the right dishes and ingredient. (the funny thing about it, we made the konbu with salmon roll. I didn't realize we need to cut in half before serving... that's why you see the long roll in the photo... haha...^_^)

(everything here were prepared by ourselves, except the black beans, hope to learn that next yr... now I have a whole new appreciation of the tatsukuri- little fish. It takes a long time to remove each of their tiny stomach....)

2 comments:

Mayumi said...

Wow you did make Osechi this year!? amazing! I didn't do anything this holiday and my moms just used catering.. haha. look so yummy, good job Sab-chan!

Kambayashi said...

Thank you Mayumi-chan.明けましておめでとうございます. Wish u are here so we can do that (or learn) together.