Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Got what I wished for (weather....not injury)

Well, I had always been saying that I wanted one more big snow day before season ended. I did get what I wished for yesterday- snow storm..... but only happened on the night when Nori was out of town... and when we needed to go to hospital emergency room.......

Right before bedtime, the kids were playing with the toy flute (musical instrument). I wasn't paying attention, but guessed they were dancing and "blewing" the flute, just like the musical band performance. Suddenly, Kiharu cried and I saw blood coming out. Initially I thought maybe she hitted her teeth/gum. Not till later when I further checked, that I realized it's her throat.  After calling doctor, we decided to send her to hospital emergency room just to be safe. It was 8p.m, right when the weather forecast predicted snow storm began... (and yes, they were so right this time)

Long story short, doctor said she is ok. Luckily it didn't cut into the center part of her throat, it could have been worse. She is very normal today. Just need to eat softer food for these few days. But she said not much hurting anymore. 

The best that came out of this accident, was to see how caring and loving Yoshi. He was very sweet. Perhaps knowing Nori wasn't around, he knew he needs to help out more. On the way to hospital, I could tell he's getting very sleepy, but I told him to hold on longer, because I can't carry both sleeping children from the parking lot under such horrible snow condition. When we got there, I thank him for being such a great boy, and he said "we are good teamwork!". ^_^

Well, I have always been saying no to drinking with straw cup in the car, because I always worry about if we will step on the break suddenly or got hit, which the straw could become a weapon to the throat. Never realized, the toy flute could be part of it too.... hopefully this would be a reminder to someone else too.

After this, I'm ready for Spring season now......
 (they were watching TV while waiting for doctor)




Nori, we miss you...............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Kiharu is felling better now. Good boy Yoshi.

Minecar