Saturday, April 14, 2007

Vote for your favorite baby name for Hish....^_^ (just for fun)

After working on the name list for three weeks, we finally have our "semi-final list". Thought it will be fun to get your favorite vote... please leave us comment. ^_^

Just to give you a little background on this list:

- First we got two sets of numbers for the first name ("7+8" and "7+6", each set has to be in this particular order), these indicate the number of writtern strokes in Chinese characters. These were given to us by Nori's parents and his aunt & uncle, base on several factors, like our birth date, our original names.......

- then we gathered all the chinese characters from the name reference books we have, which add up to a total of 210 names combo under those criteria.....(no wonder Nori has to spent few nights typing up in the excel files.....I think his hair has turn more grey since then)

- so thruout these 3 weeks, we just keep crossing out those we don't like, base on the pronounciation in both Japanese, Cantonese and English.....(what a easy way to narrow down initially...), talking to both future-grandparents, and most importantly, the meaning of each chinese characters, then the list has dropped from 210 to 50 to now 5 only! (what a process)

Here are the "finalists" for the first name. ( 神林 Kambayashi- is our last name)

- 宏明 ヒロアキ Hiroaki Kambayashi
- 宏幸 ヒロユキ Hiroyuki Kambayashi
- 克幸 カツユキ Katsuyuki Kambayashi
- 孝拓 タカヒロ Takahiro Kambayashi
- 良明 ヨシアキ Yoshiaki Kambayashi

Let's see which one is most popular among all of our friends and family. Don't worry, this is just for fun. So leave us your vote here on this blog site, so everyone can keep track with the fun process!! (just click the below "comment" box, then on the "identity" page, just click "other" and type in your name. No need to sign up for anything) ^_^ Thanks for checking this out.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to add my own. Let's name him 'Henry II'. If you don't like that, I will go for either Katsuyuki or Yoshiaki.

Nori' Dad said...

I agree Henry'idea.'Henry Ⅱ'
Let's name him 眞Ⅱ(眞二)(Shinji).
This is my idea.
I am not sure that you can see
Chinese character(漢字)on your
PC.
Just kidding.
Anyway I am happy.

Anonymous said...

This is me.. (MunJung)
I vote for Hiroyuki ... :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, if no need to follow the rule of 7+8 or 7+6, I will name "Hish" 孝II (孝二)(Koji) HAHAAAAAAAAA

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the rule is rule. I vote for

良明 Yoshiaki

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PS. Can I vote for one more name from your original quarter-final list........宏昌 Hiromasa

Anonymous said...

Haha! This is fun.

I vote for Yoshiaki and Katsuyuki.
I can't pick between those two.

~ I also like Shinji.

Anonymous said...

I vote 宏幸 ヒロユキ Hiroyuki Kambayashi

SiuFan

Anonymous said...

Why no Chinese or English name??

Anonymous said...

i prefer 孝拓 タカヒロ Takahiro Kambayashi

Anonymous said...

I like 孝拓 タカヒロ Takahiro Kambayashi, I like the idea of calling him "Taka" - of course unless "Taka" means something else in Japanese ... :P

Anna

Unknown said...

I was going to vote for this :
良明 ヨシアキ Yoshiaki Kambayashi
but... yoshi.. I am not so sure...

so I am going to vote for 宏幸 ヒロユキ Hiroyuki !!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes,calling him Taka sounds good. when Sabrina shouts "dinner is ready, Noritaka (Nori's full name) !" She shouts to both Nori and Taka.(they are playing with their Landrover in the garage)

Anonymous said...

but... Yoshi..
You the Cantonese guy, HAHAAAAAAAAA
So, I change my previous voting to
宏明 Hiroaki

Anonymous said...

Our vote is for Takahiro Kambayashi or Yoshiaki Kambayashi, but then again he may be called Yoshi....

^^ Heiman ^^ said...

My personal favorite on the list is.....Takahiro. I like the chinese character..."孝拓".

Side note: You know "Yoshi" is actually a very good name. I have a little 5lbs fuzzy cutie at home named - Yoshi....^_^

Anonymous said...

I vote for either
孝拓 タカヒロ Takahiro Kambayashi or 良明 ヨシアキ Yoshiaki Kambayashi.
I like those kanji.

Atsushi

Anonymous said...

I vote 孝拓
法孝+(木村)拓哉/2=孝拓

Anonymous said...

Every one.
Please write your name please.
I want to know every ones humor^.^

Anonymous said...

I vote for:
孝拓 タカヒロ Takahiro Kambayashi
or
良明 ヨシアキ Yoshiaki Kambayashi

Am I too greedy?
Both of them sounds "positive" in Chinese meaning.

Cheers !

Anonymous said...

Its me ... Carman

Hahah....thats so much fun...

well, I love this the most:

- 孝拓 タカヒロ Takahiro Kambayashi

Anonymous said...

I have this preference in mind before viewing the blog. I like 孝拓 タカヒロ Takahiro Kambayashi!!!

From Sandy So Mei Cow

Anonymous said...

I like the name 孝拓...but what will be his English name? How about SNORING (S-Sabrina/ nori -- Nori...) Hahaa

From Mays

Anonymous said...

孝(タカ)(TAKA) means Hawk
拓 means pioneer or frontier.
What is the good English Hish name?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sabrina - you are very fun to
do this blog...I enjoy reading.
My vote is Yoshiaki Kambayashi - it
has nice flow.
Sabriana - I think you get your
humor from you dad...he is very
funny with his comments about the
baby's name.

Anonymous said...

alan,

i go with:
孝拓 タカヒロ Takahiro Kambayashi

all others ended with an "i", think this sounds better no matter you read the name first or the last name first like the chinese or japanese do...
also "拓" means he'll have a strong boby, otherwise, he can't "拓" support la.
agree, henry??
then, he'll share one charactor from his father, as if the legendary will go on........
i will say "孝拓".
yes, that's what i think...

Anonymous said...

Peggy, thank you.I'll support you by changing my vote back to the original one - Yoshiaki 良明

Anonymous said...

Alan,

Are you playing 接龍 and 傳宗 ?
Let's go on for the name of Nori's grandson, will you suggest 拓塔 ?
strong enough ? agree Henry ?
Let's say together, 法孝個孝呀,孝拓個拓呀,拓塔個塔呀...and then ? Alan your turn !

Hahaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

Nori's grandson will be named as Henry III

Anonymous said...

I vote for Yoshiaki- but he will always be Hish to me:)

Anonymous said...

My mom voted for Takahiro

Anonymous said...

Peggy (co-worker of Sabrina)
Since we already call the baby
"Hish", does Hishoyuki or Hishiaki have meaning ?? : )
Or how about the name Wing Kwong?

Anonymous said...

Wing Kwong (co-worker of Nori for housekeeping in the coming months)

That's a good idea calling Hish Wing Kwong (in Chinese, it means ever bright).....but,

Hish (He+She) was the name before they found out that the baby is a boy...and now,

The name for the boy among the list should be included "Hi" but not "Sh"....sush as,

(Hi)roaki,
(Hi)royuki and
Taka(hi)ro

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What a funny game