Saturday, December 4, 2010

ER visit

Well, just as we thought Nori had recovered from stomach issue, Yoshi had a similar episode happened on Friday, with a visit to the hospital emergency room.

He started with a fever in the morning, then vomited, it all happened so fast in the morning. He was laying on our bed. While vomiting, I noticed he was extremely tired, and the scariest part, his eyes rolled up, and he wouldn't response to me, even his eyes were opened. That was the scariest 1 -2 minute for me. I immediately told Nori that I had to take him to ER. Then followed with a phone call to my neighbour. Luckily she was home and able to come and take care of Kiharu. (Thanks Tara, seriously, without u, I would panic 10x more). Nori left work immediately & met me on the way and went to hospital together. The car ride was ok, Yoshi fell asleep.

We were at the hospital for about 4 hours. After few checking, they concluded probably some kind of stomach virus. They wouldn't conclude if the eyes rolling episode was seizure or not.

Long story short, today Yoshi was better. He had a high fever last night, but the medicine helped to bring the temperature down and he got a good sleep. He still had fever on and off, but with the medicine, his energy was half way back. Hey, at least he was singing and playing shinkansen trains, very enthusiastic about x'mas tree decoration, so that's pretty good.

Kiharu is fine, she had a low grade fever on Thursday night, but she is ok. Except these past two nights, she had a hard time falling asleep on her own. Even I held her, rock her, she would cry and cry if I left the room. Maybe she had some separation anxiety or maybe she is teething.. who knows.

Huh...... it's been a long week. I just hope this is it for the stomach issues. When the kids are sick, makes me worry so much, my shoulders nerves are triple tense. But when they wake up with a big smile, everything will be fine. (plus when Otousan is home, I'm more relief)

While Nori was detangling the x'mas tree lights on the floor, Yoshi suddenly pulled out his plane, using the lights as the runway....very imaginative.



Snow snow snow...

5 comments:

馬渡太太 said...

Kids will grow stronger after combating with the virus! Fighting, Yoshi!

Sabrina & Nori, can understand how much you worry but I'm sure the kids will be fine very soon...and running here and there in a minute!

Unknown said...

Yoshi and Kiharu both will stay healthy and strong. Not to mention Nori... Hope you all wake up in the morning and carring a BIG BIG cheerful SMILE... Take care!! :))

Jaden and Averi said...

Wow...so sorry to hear about the expected ER visit for Yoshi. I can totally relate after the episode with Averi in January. I am glad to hear they are both feeling better. Take care of yourself, too, Sabrina.

amy said...

happy to hear that yoshi is doing fine now. can totally imagine how worried you must have been.

wish you all a healthy year to come!

Anonymous said...

are they better now ? I'm sure they are with your care ... !
you better take care too (and pls send my regards to Nori) as the weather is getting cold :)

Auntie Anna