Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The girl who doesn't like to sit

My mom used to say I'm a "very" good little girl, EXCEPT when it came to meal time. S-L-O-W was the 4 letters word. I would keep the rice in my mouth for a long time without chewing or swollowing.

Recently, I asked grandma, "do u prefer feeding a child who eats slow or who wouldn't sit still?"

Kiharu has good appetite, she eats fast and always empty her bowl. BUT, she wouldn't sit still in the highchair. Unless it's fingerfood, then she would sit and munch on the food. But how could u eat rice congee with your fingers?! Standing, crawling, trying to escape......huh, it's a struggle every meal. Table manner is important, but to a 1 year old, it's impossible to teach the concept. I tried forcing her to sit, but it only makes the struggle even worse. I tried to buckle her seatbelt, but she became David Copperfield everytime. .....So I could only maneuver the spoon around her movement.

Well, I'm still exploring my options, hoping to improve the situation. Today, I gave her a little bowl and spoon, she seems to enjoy feeding herself (while I tried to feed her in between), but I just have to be patience with all the food splashing......all I can say, this little girl is surely more active than her brother back when he was the same age.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the second picture, it's as if she is saying "you can't get me ! hahaha"

Auntie Anna

Anonymous said...

亞妹,最尾張相初看以為你伸開隻手,睇真D原來係你隻脚上左枱,哈哈哈.........

kk & pp