Sunday, February 13, 2011

The past 7 days

Didn't update the blog for a week, I think I have broken the record......

This was one of the week when I thought I had it all planned out, turns out to be very different. Started on Tuesday evening, Yoshi got a fever. Every 6 hours, his fever returned when medicine was needed again. I slept in his room for few nights. Tissues went out very fast with both of them having running nose. Finally went to see doctor on Thursday, confirmed Influenza B positive. Long story short, either he was at the last stage of the sickness, or the (expensive) medicine was very strong, his fever was gone that night. Next morning, he was 95% back to normal.

As Yoshi is now 3.5 years old, the one thing that was a bit relieve when he's sick, he's able to tell me how he felt. He would ask for the "bucket" (a special bucket) if he wanted to vomit. He would point to the spot where he's hurting. He would respond if he's feeling better or worse, all these communications helped to lighten up the worriness every parents have. Remember those times we have to "guess" what the scream or crying were all about when they were little?!

Flu season is almost over, looking forward to all the outdoor activities when warmer weather comes.....

(this photo was taken early in the morning when the kids were waving goodbye to Nori. Right now is Sunday night here, I'm already looking forward to next weekend when Nori is home with us again......hurry up!!)

5 comments:

blueberrydream said...

oh mine... please get well soon. And Mama don't get sick too, take some rest next week when Nori is around!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Yoshi is feeling better now.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear Yoshi is over his flu bug. Strange...we've had the flu at our house too, except it's me running the high fever, coughing up a lung, and using every tissue in the house. It's been a while since I've been this sick for this long, but at least I'm finally on the mend. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, that last comment was from Tara. John changed our account to his name only, apparently. :)

Kambayashi said...

Tara, glad to hear u are almost recovered. Heard the flu is around town, take care. If u ran out of tissue, call me, I have those stock up!! take care, hope everyone else are fine. It's no fun when mom got sick....