Saturday, April 14, 2012

First day at Japanese Language School

Today is Yoshi's first day at Japanese Language School. It's also his first lunch at any school ever. Earlier, I was only thinking a regular obento lunchbox for him. But then a week before, Nori said "no, you should make a character obento box for his first day, he would be so happy".....he's right.....but that got me a bit worry.

I enjoy crafting with scissors and glue, but never prepare "character" lunchbox before.....After talking to Yoshi, he picked Shinkansen train theme. So I have been researching on internet. Luckily, I have lots of friends here who gave me great ideas and encouragement.

Back in the working days, I would sometimes have a hard time sleeping thinking about project deadlines, pricing structure, quality control..... but never thought oneday becoming a stay at home mom, that all changed due to obento box. I woke up few times last night, worrying I might not hear alarm clock, and ran out of time to prepare my first big lunchbox project.

I have to say, after doing the first one this morning, I felt much easier for the upcoming school year. I think it's not that bad. The hardest part was cutting the seaweed without breaking, and sticking it onto the rice without falling.

I showed Yoshi the finished lunchbox before leaving to school, because I wanted to see his reaction, and also worrying the train shape might not be able to last till noon with the lunchbox being tossed left and right. Seeing how excited he was, and getting the compliment from Nori, is all well worth my efforts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sabrina, the lunchbox is too pretty...it must be very delicious! Crystal

Anonymous said...

Nice ! Now you can start designing one for Kiharu ... never too early to plan for stuff like this ! (so you don't have to wake up early in the middle of the night worrying ... hehe).

Auntie Anna