Thursday, October 4, 2012

Big girl's bed

So the day had came switching Kiharu into a big girl's bed. I wasn't sure if I...I....I was ready (not anyone else), but I need to prepare ourselves for upcoming potty train, I think we need to do this.

It's been 3 days since we made the switch. To my suprise, she was happy, but also having a bit separation anxiety when it comes to bed time. In the past, I could just walk away after saying goodnight, but with this new transition, she wants someone to stay with her.  And the last few nights, she would either come over to our room at 5a.m or cried in the middle of the night...... (these sleepless night totally confirm I do not want to have any newborn in the middle of the night either)

I've also noticed perhaps it's time to stop her afternoon nap (even I desperately need this quiet time). She has a difficult time falling asleep at night. However, this also leads to a cranky little one during evening. In the day time, she is like a little cute angel, but when it comes to late afternoon, we are all struggling with her "terrible 2"?! I have always use the term "curiosity", which makes me a bit more sensitive to her cranky behaviors. 95% of the "domestic disputes" between siblings are caused by her... Really, how many toys and books do we have at home, why does she have to grab the one Yoshi was using?!

Oh well, my days lately have been ending with exhaustion. If you do want to hear kids crying, try calling us before bedtime, you will have a high chance to experience that for sure... ^_^

Weekend... please come sooner..........................


No comments: