Friday, March 14, 2008

Battles back to back

I was just telling grandma this morning that Yoshi eats anything that I feed him, but I guess I spoke too soon....

Battle #1- "Orange Juice"
Weapon: Sippy cup
Detail: Yoshi refused to drink from sippy cup. I went from the "sweet talk", patience & ignore tetics, to hard forcing, still didn't work. Yoshi kept putting his hands in front of his mouth, and turning his head against the high chair (when did he learn all these moves?).......
Result: "Win win"- I won because he end up drinking all the juice; he won because it's not from sippy cup, but the bottle........

Battle #2- "Homemade ORGANIC Mashed Carrot"
Weapon: Spoon
Detail: Yoshi somehow refused to eat the carrot after first bite. It's strange, because he ate before and he likes the sweet taste perhaps. The only differences are this is not from jar, and it's more expensive organic carrot...(what a waste of my impulse organic purchase). I even mix with the left over squash baby food, thought it might help to spice up his interest.....(yeah right!) Same tectics applied as above, with same refusal!!
Result: He won! I gave up after seeing him covered with food (definitely him with lots of hair and long eye lashes, makes the messy level twice as bad) So I switched to back up baby food- green pea....yikes!! but he ate all.

2 comments:

amy said...

rafael is just the same... and he gets really hysterical when we try to feed him with food he dislikes. i really don't understand why a tiny person like him can develop such a strong taste for sth. i can't imagine how meal time will become when he gets older!

Kambayashi said...

Amy- the word "hysterical" is perfect to describe Yoshi's acting behavior too. Didn't realize baby are born with that instant reaction either...