Wednesday, July 21, 2010

We did it!!!

We finally arrived to Hong Kong. It was a LONG flight. The watch seemed to click really slow on the first half of the flight. But the kids did very good, they slept for almost 6 hrs straight (it was their night time sleep). I couldn't sleep much, but I got to watch the Disney movie "UP"...I didn't realize until then what a precious moment to watch a movie, when was the last time....

Before the trip, I was more prepared to climb the Mount Everest, now, I felt like I can do everything...(did I just say that?!). The bathroom on the flight was probably most challenging, u know how "spacious" it is...I should have brought the camera with me in it...^_^, all I could say is, at least no one get wet and we got all our "business"taken care....

(on the phone with Nori)

Yoshi: "Mama, lots of plane...LOOK!!"

(Left- Yoshi's first flight at 6 months old)

(During transit in Detroit)

(Almost there after 24 hours since we left home)

First morning....or should I say first night?! the kids were having jet lag, wide awake at 4a.m....

After a breif morning nap, time for Yoshi's favorite cha siu bao...(pork bun)

(Kiharu is surely very attach to me, almost like a magnet to my shoulder. Even with grandparents, she is still crying for me, feeling insecure with the new environment. It will probably take a while for her to adjust, unlike her brother Yoshi....)

4 comments:

amy said...

totally admire your ability to take two to such a long flight all on your own! great job mommy!

btw, did you ask the flight attendants to babysit kiharu when you need to take yoshi to the washroom?

Kambayashi said...

No baby sitting...I was lucky to get my meal on the Delta flight (Americans....) 3 of us in the "spacious"bathroom...can u imagine? good that probably Yoshi will never remember what he saw..^_^ and yes, right arm with Kiharu, left arm trying to balance myself thruout the "process"....^_^) right after we got out from the bathroom, the lady waiting outside said to her son "(the reason why taking so long....) see, she has 2 kids with her"

Anonymous said...

super mom... welcome back!!
can't wait to see u again soon!
yau mei :)

Cecilia said...

You are marvelous! You did a very good job in the plane! I won't be as brave as you... bringing two kids for a long fight!