Thursday, December 1, 2011

24 days to Christmas

Now that we have introduce Mr. Santa to Yoshi, he's been asking if tomorrow is Christmas day. So I have decided to make this calendar for him, a good way to teach numbers and the idea of waiting for the big excitment. This morning, after putting a santa inside the first pocket, he asked "I want to put another one...". I'm sure it's not fun seeing rows of empty pockets before the 25th one.....Yoshi, you got to be patient!! ^_^
p.s- this is such a therapeutic project, I love working with felt materials, just wish to have more time to do so.....

5 comments:

amy said...

What a lovely lovely calendar! You're my motivation Sabrina! : )

Cecilia said...

This craft is so beautiful!

blueberrydream said...

This is wonderful♫ U are a great mom!!

Anonymous said...

WOWWWWW nice work !! How much time did you spend on making it ? And how was it possible when you've already got so much to do ?? ;)

Auntie Anna

Kambayashi said...

I think you all have given me too much credit. Actually it's not that difficult to make, just the matter of time. I had Yoshi involved during the process, so it (sort of) justifying as a "bonding time", allowing me to do it while Kiharu was napping. The hand sewing of each pockets took some time, but it's not that bad. I bought those felt numbers, so it's much easier (but I did have to create few extra numbers). I'm sure you all can do the same too. It's kind of fun. And I figure out it's going to be used every year, so worth the time to do it for once. Ho Ho Ho...