Saturday, January 16, 2010

Kiharu

Kiharu, a.k.a- "Ki-chan" is almost a week old. Last Saturday, after satisfying my pregnancy craving of McDonald breakbast, we were out shopping & dinning for 10 hrs. (Perhaps I had a feeling she was about to come out, so my body just wouldn't stop moving). We went back home around 9p.m. after the Mexican dinner.

While Nori was giving Yoshi a shower, I started too feel the contraction. Actually, I wasn't quite sure if that's it, so I kept it quiet while keeping track with the clock ticking. Very soon, Nori noticed my quietness, he asked if he should get ready (^_^). But I kept saying give me a little time to figure out first. I even took a shower before calling the doctor. I can tell everyone in the house were just waiting for my signal patiently......After putting Yoshi to bed, sang the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star goodnight song, made a phone call to grandparents in Japan, then we were off to hospital at around 11p.m.

Just like everyone said, 2nd delivery usually went much faster. And sure it was for me. I was 7 cm dilated upon arriving the hospital. After having the epidural injection, all my contraction pain were gone (thank goodness). I was able to take a good nap before the nurse woke me up to get ready. Doctor told me to start pushing for the baby, and literally, after 2 pushes, they brought Kiharu out. No pain, no sweat, and there I was laying on the bed, just like watching a movie, seeing how the following procedures went. Unlike when I had Yoshi, I was about to pass out before and afterwards.......

My recovery went really well. Kiharu is doing great. We had a bit of breastfeeding issues earlier, but I think is more of me needing some time to adjust. Having been thru the first 3 months of exhausting pumping and troubles with Yoshi, I take a much lay back perspective with Kiharu. She is now eating great. Though she was born much lighter weight (6lb 2.4 oz), but she is growing weight steadily and seems very healthy.

Sleeping is always an issues for any newborn and their parents. The first 2 nights back home, oh my....did I forget how baby was?! But last night, I was able to have a 4 hr + two 2 hr stretch of sleep, that's VERY refreshing for sure.

Things are doing great in the house. Thanks to my parents, everything seems so much easier to handle around here, and Nori doesn't have to worry about us that much either. And the best part is having someone to keep playing with Yoshi all the time, so there isn't much a gap of attention to him. We can tell there are moments when Yoshi wants extra hugs and kisses from me and Nori, sure he noticed there is a new family member in the house. He's being a great brother, trying to help in many ways. being very gentle to his little sis. We just can't wait to see both of them interacting more with each other (ignoring the fighting that comes along...).

Anyway, this blog is way too long....Nori is now out shopping with Yoshi, guys' bonding moment. Grandpa is catching up with his brief nap time upstairs (it's been a long week of constant entertaining with Yoshi). Grandma is taking her coffee break after many houseworks. Kiharu is about to wake up from her nap. And me.....of course, trying to catch up with my blog & relaxing at the same time.....

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes. Me and Nori are still absorbing the joy of being newly parents (again) of two little ones.......^_^

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I use Kiharu's picture as my profile pic?

Kambayashi said...

who are u?

blueberrydream said...

Seems like it was an easy delivery!! What's the best is that Nori was around, right?? Do people take the day off when his wife is about to give birth in the states?? In japan... most people won't, which I don't really understand why??

Judith

amy said...

we're just back from a short break and i'm really glad to share your birth story and new-again parents experience! i wonder what our story will be. :P

so happy to hear that you're all doing good. :)

Anonymous said...

it's very nice to hear about your smooth & comfortable delivery even though I'm dealing with these sort of matter everyday ;)
good job really & thanks for your sharing ^_^

Connie

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! that's true the blog is toooo long... however, i like to read... this is my daily newspaper~ haha...