Monday, February 1, 2010

Mother of two (kids)

It's 11p.m., just finished catching up with Nori briefly, hope to update the blog before bed (though I'm half asleep). These past 3 weeks, as I had recovered from the delivery and slowly back to some sort of routine, I started to get a sense of being a mother of two (kids).

I can't be thankful enough to have my parents here, they have made the transition seems much easier to handle. They are keeping Yoshi fully entertained during this long winter time, and made the sibling jealousy issue seems less obvious. They have also made the chaotic housework almost invisible.... there are many times I kept wondering, what would happen if they aren't here with us, how are me and Nori be able to do all these on our own?!

In the past, it's all about Yoshi, then took what's left over for ourselves. But now, Kiharu is constantly in need that I'm almost leaving Yoshi behind with grandparents & Nori. The feeling of Yoshi no longer being the highest priority wasn't an easy (or any expected) feeling to me. I haven't sing the goodnight Twinkle twinkle little star song to him for a while, as I'm busy feeding (& feeding) little sister who seems never satisfy with her appetite before bedtime. Many quality time that we used to spend together had to be put on hold. Tonight, as I was telling Yoshi I need to go upstairs feeding Kiharu, he grabbed onto my hand and not letting me go while using his other hand to keep eating his dinner. I felt bad as I know he's trying to tell me he needs my attention. Sometimes, it's little things that remind me I need to do a better job with Yoshi. Just like any new position, I need to give myself time to figure things out. Even though I have heard about the words "mother of two" or "siblings"....but not till I'm now going thru all these that I understand what those means.

However, despite my own little thoughts, me and Nori are truely enjoying every moments of having Yoshi & Kiharu with us. No matter how tiring we are, holding each of them in our hands/ arms, hearing them calling our names or just seeing their smiles, those are what made us realize how lucky we are.

3 comments:

amy said...

thanks for sharing this. i think i really need to think ahead how we're going to cope with the little baby's arrival and how we're going to help rafael cope with it.

uncle Henry said...

I LOVE this pic, thanks!~

Unknown said...

I think every mother has similar feelings every time she transitions to "one more." I know I did. An idea my mom gave me was to read a book to Katie while I was nursing the baby. That way, nursing could be a special, close time with Mommy for her too. We didn't do it every time, obviously, but it helped for those feeding times when she was feeling especially needy.

I also learned how to nurse at the dinner table, since Grant was often hungry at the same time as everyone else. :)

I'm sure you're doing a great job! We look forward to seeing you again and meeting your sweet little one.