Monday, October 4, 2010

The concept of lies

3p.m - "Yoshi, go and take a nap, then u can eat yogurt and cookies (his favorite)when u wake up"

4:15p.m- Kiharu woke up and I walked up the stairs (knowing Yoshi wasn't sleeping, he disappeared from the baby monitor)

Right when I opened the stair gate, I heard a "zip" sound....(TV being switched off in the guest room). I intentionally didn't "busted" him. I went to check on Kiharu, here came Yoshi "happily" walked into our room. (happily= probably because he wasn't busted from watching TV...at least that's what he thought)

"Yoshi, did u take a nap?"................. "YES"

"Yoshi, did u watch TV?" ................. "NO"

After I gave him a non-believing look, those with eyebrows raised.... Yoshi's face turned from happy to "O-OH!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Yoshi, don't lie to mama......did u take a nap?" ................ "no"

"Yoshi, did u watch TV?" .............. "yes"

So for the first time, I had to teach him the concept of lies and consequence right away... I think now he knows. At least he had the sorrow look on his face.

I actually found it quite funny, especially with his facial reactions. A few days ago, I refused to give him the usual favorite snack, except 2 pieces of cheese which he normally wouldn't like. And today, I told him I wouldn't give him snack again, he replied right away : "I want cheese!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoshi has learnt a traditional Japanese song from his kids book 「大きな古時計」. It happened to be on one of my Ken Hirai 平井堅 CD in the car... I (we) had to listen to it again, and again, and again........ but I do enjoy hearing him sing along a pop song. ^_^

No comments: