Monday, July 6, 2009

Is HE ready?

THANK YOU everyone for your thoughtful wishes left here on blog, facebook and e-mail. It's great to be able to share and be encouraged. Our new journey is full of excitement and happiness. THANK YOU.
--------------------------------------------
When it comes to having your 2nd child, there are lots of talk about when is the right time, how far apart is best between the kids....but for me and Nori, the difference in age was never the matter, it was more important on how we feel about Yoshi, if HE IS READY? Because if he isn't, we won't be.

In the past month, we have been dealing with his 'trouble two" challenges, as u could read earlier. Those changes happened like overnight, and that caught me offguard, which was the biggest struggle. But as time goes, things are better. There are times he still struggles with expressing his frustrations, and he would throw a fist on something. As each time when he tries to hit me (always only once, almost like his hand acts faster than his brain), he learns to say sorry (after my upset look) and we give each other hug for forgiveness. It takes a while to come to this point, but it's well worth knowing that's working and we have learnt a lot from each other. Just these little things make us realized he's growing, maturing, and be able to learn and express more.

As he turns two, there are some quiet moments that makes us realize it will be fun to have a sibbling for him to hang out with:-----

How about having a little brother/sister to sit right next to him? or maybe fighting with the crayons?

How about having a little bro/sis sitting on the same couch and sharing tea time snacks together? (sharing?? let's see)

How about having a bro/sis to clap hands when u do something right? and be able to teach he/she what u have known.

Yoshi ENJOYS hanging out with other kids, he would follow where they go, what they say & do. U can tell he is longing for a sibling (or at least we think he is....)
Yesterday we went to Nori's friend house for BBQ, didn't come home till 11:30, a very late night for Yoshi. BUT he had TONS Of fun......

7 comments:

amy said...

interesting we haven't thought about whether rafael is ready. on the other hand, i think it's daddy who is not yet ready in our household. i do wish to have a sibling for rafael asap, but daddy wants to play more, as you know our mobility would be affected again if things start over again. i'm secretly hoping for accidents to happen now. shhh... :P

Cecilia said...

when you see my two daughters, you might have some clue to your future life! Lotsssssss of fun!

馬渡太太 said...

Congrats! Hope you will have a wonderful pregnant journey with Yoshi, your hubby and the little baby!

Rhoda said...

I just had a little baby girl last November. When I decided to have another baby, I really never thought about whether my son was ready for a sibling or not. I got pregnant when my son was 23 months old and I just thought it was the right time to do it (plus I am much older than you,hehe) What I focus on instead is that my little boy will have a sibling to grow up with and share experiences with and that I am doing this for him. He may not immediately know how to appreciate having a sibling but he will eventually. Like I have said before, I have been "following" your blog and I think Yoshi will enjoy very much being a big brother. Good luck with your pregnancy and I will see you in a few weeks. Take care!!

Rhoda said...

I also wanted to add is that how Yoshi will adjust to the change is entirely up to you and Nori in making his experience with having a sibling a happy and positive one.

Kambayashi said...

Amy- haha, we totally understand Mac's feeling. There are many days how we miss the old days travelling everywhere without packing half of our house along...maybe u should remind Mac, if he waits longer and longer, he will have his own mobility problems....^_^ hope your little "Oops accident" will happen someday...(make sure u have to 'act' really suprise!!)

Cecilia- I just saw your most recent blog post yesterday (the photos of the sisters together), and I thought of how lucky Yoshi will be next year, hope he and his little bro/sis will get along as well as your girls, they are so cute.

馬渡太太- Thanks. ^_^

Rhoda- thanks for your advice & encouragement. It's always good knowing what others have gone thru. Looking forward to meeting u too. Make sure u come and introduce yourself to us though, or should u give me a color dress code ahead?? ^_^

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How did you manage to organise a party for Yoshi's birthday and did all that during your first trimester!? Hope you would sail through your pregnancy and Yoshi's terrible twos in a breeze!

Kitty L