Thursday, September 10, 2009

Baby #2

I'm at 21 weeks already, we are doing very well. My belly is slowly forming a mini dome shape, which I'm glad it's looking more like being pregnant, rather than having full stomach after meal. (at least that's what I thought). Old jeans no longer fit, and wardrobe issues continue to puzzle me everyday. Having Yoshi this time, my energy keeps on going (I have to). With the summer, we still go out everyday, meeting friends and enjoying being outside. There are days I felt like I'm trying to jam pack everyday with activities, just to prepare the upcoming long winter. I started to feel baby kicking (or hiccups), but everytime when I put Nori's hand on my stomach, movement stop.

I have been very lucky with both pregnancy, I didn't have any morning sickness at all, which I was able to enjoy every moment. The biggest differences between the two pregnancy have to be the energy level. With the first one, even I was working, but when I felt tired, I can always sit down anytime and rest in the evening. But this time, I just have to keep my battery fully charged everyday.
Also with the first pregnancy, there are so many unknowns, I was only thinking day by day, didn't know what's coming up after baby's birth. But now, seeing friends who have 2 kids, I am fully aware of the upcoming challanges........!! Yet,, we are still very excited about the new addition, probably because knowing how much Yoshi will be having a little sister around. (let's see..........^_^)

But I have to admit, as many people have said before, baby #2 is never going to be the same as baby #1.......
I have lost track with # of weeks after the first month. My calender is the only reminder...
With the first pregnancy, every night when Nori came home, first thing he did was to rub my tummy and said hi to the baby. Now, he's all about Yoshi (of course).....
I kept a photo journal on each pregnancy. The only difference is- the 2nd book has only 3 pages so far....and they were just sonogram photos....
Me & Nori used to compare our baby belly v.s. beer belly every few months during the pregnancy...now, "what belly?"
Finally- pink, red, flowers, hearts, polka dots........
2nd nursery room?? remotely even in our thoughts........
Well, afterall, as much as we are very excited about the new baby, we are still all about our Y-O-S-H-I. xoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know you are doing so well. I read your blog every other day or so. Love the short video about Yoshi, too.

Minecar

amy said...

we nearly thought i'm pregnant for the last few days, but just took the courage to find out this morning that i'm not. haha, the thought of getting pregnant still freaked us. i guess, after all, we're not ready for another one yet. we don't have room for one more baby and aother adult (probably need to hire a helper if we have #2) in our present home, and we can't afford a bigger home at the moment.

good to share your pregnancy experience though. wish everything goes well! :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the moment and take care my dear :D

Auntie Anna

Jaden and Averi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhoda said...

When I was pregnant with Averi, a lot of things that would have been done a long time ago when pregnant with Jaden became very last minute with Averi. Who really has the time when you have Yoshi to take care everyday. Take good care of yourself. You will find a ton of things that you spent a lot time on with Yoshi will be a lot less with baby no. 2.