Saturday, September 12, 2009

Second hand kids item

This morning, me and Yoshi had an early start. (Nori had an overnight business trip yesterday.) We left the house at 6:30a.m, heading to the airport for my friend's farewell. Yoshi was awake the entire car ride, enjoying the sunrise scene. After airport, I took him to McDonald for breakfast. In fact, he only ate the jam toast that I prepared earlier + banana, he wasn't into his pancake at all.

Later on, we made a special stop at an event advertised on newspaper- "Mothers of Twins club annual sale". Basically it's like a garage sale- used children's clothing & toys.. We arrived there right when the event began, there were lots of people, but we managed to pick up few items (it's hard to resist the price tag of $1 or $0.50....). As I suspected, Yoshi was very tired at the end of the visit, he fell asleep right away in the car. Once we got home, I took a nap with him together till almost 1p.m......

I have to admit, BEFORE Yoshi was born, I used to have a very different perception on used clothing/ toys for Yoshi. Just the thought of cleaniness and being it's used. I'm sure it's a very typical impression when having your first child. However, everything changed, especially after few seasons change & after few hit and bang on the toys....then I realized, as long as the used items are in good condition, they are just the same as buying brand new (only after few days of purchase). Especially toys, anything kids have never seen before, they are just equally as happy as having a brand new one..... I'm very lucky that I have few friends who are very kind to pass on some used clothes for Yoshi.

But of course, I do lots of bargain shopping in stores too, especially at the end of the season sale, stock up for next year. (It makes me feel good knowing I've made great saving as being a stay at home mom...^_^) Very rarely that I would be willing to pay full sell price in store, unless it's a purchase gift or special occasion. Just the thought of kids growing so fast, is such a waste in spending on expensive kids clothing.

Recently, I'm working on major organization in Yoshi's room. U should see the amount of clothes he had worn since birth......I never had that choking feeling when making the initial purchase.... With the next baby being a girl, I actually have the intention of her wearing most of Yoshi's infant clothing (especially being that little, who cares...mostly green and yellow color anyway). But Yoshi and his sister are born in different season, that makes it a little more difficult in sharing the wardrobe. Today, I got little sis a few used outfit for $1 or $0.5 each, they are still in very good conditions. (not that I was any pink color crazy, just happened to have limited color choices...) Anyway, at the end of the day, getting a good deal & got my shopping craving satisfied, I am happy!!

Today's bargain- $12 for all these items, both for Yoshi and little sis.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sabrina, if you are interested, I have some baby girl's clothes that are in extremely good condition. I have recently cleaned out Averi's wardrobe and kept a small pile of clothes that are in excellent condition and have only been worn no more than 10 times. If you are interested, i would be more than happy to send them to you. Let me know. No obligation. I just I'll ask since you are having a little girl.

Rhoda said...

Sabrina, I was going to leave my name this time but posted without leaving my name again. It's Rhoda.

Unknown said...

Pui, have you decided the girl name yet?

Kambayashi said...

Hey Rhoda, I have sent u a reply e-mail on fb...(thx)

Kitty- no name yet. Maybe we will do that same voting game again here on blog like we did 2 years ago...^_^