Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chinese characters

We knew Yoshi recognizes some of those Japanese Hiragana characters. I have always wanted to teach him some Chinese, but never know where to begin, especially Cantonese. My friend recommended a collection of books which teaches the basic 500 chinese characters for kids. About a month ago, grandpa has been teaching Yoshi this everynight before bed time. To our suprise, Yoshi is like a little sponge, remembering every characters very well, which is very fun to watch. Hope I can keep up grandpa's patience after they leave...... ( thx Wendy & Iris for recommending this book ^_^)

6 comments:

amy said...

that's impressive. i saw that collection from the bookstore a while ago too, maybe i should check it out too. i haven't been teaching rafael about chinese characters much yet (he could hardly remember A-Z either), i think he just knew about 10 simple characters. :P

我與我的心肝寶貝s said...

This is amazing, grandpa did a really good job! Yoshi is so patience to learn. I tried teaching Charlene chinese too, but she want me to read the story in Cantonese instead of reading the chinese characters.

Anonymous said...

Wow Yoshi is very smart!!!
Winnie

Jaden and Averi said...

Wow, Yoshi is very talented in learning new languages. I must check out this book sets and hopefully I can start instilling the chinese language in Jaden and Averi. I hope is not too late!!

馬渡太太 said...

Daddy is asking me to teach Takumi Chinese character...must get this set of book tomorrow! Takumi had fun while watching Yoshi pronouncing the characters in the video! Good job, Yoshi and Grandpa!

Anonymous said...

woooooooooow !!!
that's amazing, considering how young Yoshi is ! And of course your parents must be very good teachers :)

Auntie Anna