Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Thank you so much"

As I have mentioned before, we never really teaches Yoshi English at home. We figure out it's more important to teach him Cantonese & Japanese while he's little. And eventually he will learn English at school very soon. With TV cartoons, songs....Yoshi has taught himself some basic English, including the A-Z song. As he's approaching 3 years old, he has recently much eager to speak and absorb different languages.

The other day when Nori took him out to a store, that follow afternoon, I heard Yoshi saying few times "Can I help you?" ........."Can I help you?".... at first, I was wondering what he was saying, then I realized he must have heard that from the store staff...

Today after meeting few of our neighbours at the park, this afternoon, I heard Yoshi saying "Thank you so much"......"Thank you so much"....he must have heard that from our conversation.

Everytime when Yoshi says those English phrases, he would give me a funny look. I am sure he know it's not Cantonese or Japanese, but I wonder if he knows what those mean yet??? his language journey has just began...can't wait to see how he will be after preschool starts in September.

No comments: