Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dinner time

After a long day tracking Yoshi's every move & patrolling the kitchen area, we (me & him) were both physically tired by the late afternoon. Around 5:20p.m., dinner began..........

(5:20p.m.)
-(I thought to myself) "ok, well Yoshi doesn't seem to be sleepy at all, let's start dinner.
-Mama: "Yoshi, we will have dinner now, u are not sleepy, right?! Don't fall asleep" (microwave heat up began)

(5:22p.m.)
-Yoshi: "Ah ah ah...(meaning food food food with the tone of impatience)"

(5:28p.m.- half way to his dinner)
-Mama: "Oh no, Yoshi, u are slowing down, your eyes are smaller and smaller, your body is leaning sideway against the chair....u are getting sleepy, aren't u?! don't waste the food, I just cook this congee this morning...stay awake!!"
-Yoshi: "Ng...ah....(meaning I'm sleepy, leave me alone)"

(5:29p.m.)
- (I thought to myself) :"Got to do something before he totally fall asleep, then he won't eat the meal"
- (light bulb above my head!!)
- Mama: (holding the spoon next to my ear) "Moshi moshi, hello, yes yes, Yoshi? he is eating dinner, yes yes, he will talk to u later, hold on"
- Yoshi: (his eyes suddenly return to normal size, wondering who am I talking to)
- then feeding continued.......

(5:30-5:37p.m.)
- the "pretend" phone conversation repeated several times, and feeding went well.......sort of...

(5:40p.m.)
..............................................see pics below.
No, he didn't finished his whole meal, but I think he had enough and it's time to take a evening nap.

No comments: