Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A good day

There are good days and bad days, today is a good day...... (meaning at least I don't have to sit by the stairs, taking a deep breath for time out, yes, I meant me here....).

We have invited one of Yoshi's playdate friend- Ayuna to our house for lunch. We only did restaurant lunch once together. Every other time we met, always with few more moms and kids. Yoshi and Ayuna had not really play together closely before, but for some reason, Yoshi remembers Ayuna's name very well and would ask about her sometimes. Today, as usual, the gathering started out with their own play schedules, not much interaction......until later part when they started to realize chasing each other perhaps would be more fun. It certainly had brought out the hidden friendliness of each other, it's fun to see them giggling so much. (Thanks Ayuna for coming....Tanoshii-nei)

Tonight after shower, Yoshi had pulled out a Curious George book from his bookshelf, he kept looking at it, flipping over and over the pages as usual. So I sat down with him on the couch, and attempt to read to him. I was expecting his usual behaviour- insisting on flipping pages on his own.....but to my suprise, he was patiently listening to my story telling. I choose to read in Cantonese (my own version), adding special sound effect....he made me repeated the story twice. This was a very refreshing bonding experience, I love having him sitting right next to me, relaxing and listening to the story (patiently), not just a vocabulary book. This reminded me when he was few months old, he would just lay on the bed, not being able to crawl or turn yet, but only to listen to my storytelling. However, it's now so much more fun seeing his reaction and exploring his curious imagination....................it's priceless.

Otousan (Nori), we miss u....................

No comments: