Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Glue 101

4 months ago, Yoshi had his first art and craft class and he wasn't into any of those except drawing crayons. Today, after talking to my neighbour Natasha for some art and craft ideas, I have decided to give it another try. (I do need to be creative again, especially Summer is going by so fast....) Normally kids would start with glue paste, but I started with the non-messy way- glue stick......

glue glue glue.....(love his concentrate look, piggy lips)
at times, Yoshi would want to get rid of the dry glue on his fingers. I think he has my non messy influence....but he kept glueing and glueing, too much fun.
Nori, we are saving this master piece for u tonight.... Yoshi had a fun day.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I can identify with this! My son has no interest in any type of craft- but he loves GLUE. I have tried out the following food related crafts with him and he seemed to like it:-
1. sticking pieces of magazine papers onto a circle cardboard and pretend it's a pizza (you can get him to identify different colours and pretend that they are different food)
2. cutting magazine paper into strips and pretended to be a master chef making 拉面.
3. adapted from this http://www.origamimommy.org/2009/06/sushi-play-food-tutorial.html
we made sushi from magazine papers. We squeezed and scrunched the paper to make sushi filling instead- good fine motor skills exercise apparently.

Have fun!

Kitty L

amy said...

ideas in the above comment sound really fun!!! hope we can have time to try them out soon! :)

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! So excited that i he liked it. I'll call ya when we have our next craft day!!