Saturday, September 27, 2008

Yard Sale

Yesterday morning right after breakfast, I took Yoshi out to a yard sale. It's a Japanese family yard sale, which I'm always interest in. Because I could probably find some Japanese children books/ toys for Yoshi, and some dishes for myself. So I was very excited when my friend told me about this a week ago. Yard (garage) sale here is very common, "someone's junk = someone's treasure find". That's exactly how I felt yesterday. It got me thinking I should do one at our place too, there are lots and lots of "junk" in our basement right now.

For $4, these are what I got from the yard sale, felt like a millionaire spending. (that green toy truck wasn't in my original pile, but then Yoshi was playing and playing with it, not wanting to let go. So for $0.50, that kept him excited & busy for the whole afternoon, great bargain)
This is very interesting, it's a wooden block game teaching Japanese words. Nori was already playing with Yoshi this morning. My friend gave us for free at the yard sale.
After the yard sale, I took Yoshi to visit Nori during lunch time.
When I was cooking dinner last night, I heard Yoshi laughing to himself, this was what I saw....I think he was laughing because everything suddenly turned upside down...silly kid.

6 comments:

Wong's Family said...

Wow! Sabrina, I think you got a lot of good stuff. I never thought about a Japanese yard sale, next time I should go with you. The Miffy dish is for me!? If you got it for me, I will pay you next time. Thanks a lot in advance.

Anonymous said...

Regarding to your message that Yoshi starting to refuse diaper change, Charlene also has the same problem. Now, I always put a little sticker on my nose, then she can get it after the diaper change. She felt this very attractive, and just stare at my nose and won't move during the diaper change!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yoshi - you are doing "bridge 鞏橋" now? Very good body structure! Pui - please also get me the Japanese wooden words...I think it's good for my Jap's lessons revision...thanks in advance!! Auntie May

Kambayashi said...

Poki- yes, miffy is for u of course. Don't pay me, it's only $0.50, gift for Ethan. ^_^

Cecilia- u are very creative about the sticker thing. If I put on my nose, I'm afraid that Yoshi would want to stand up and grab sticker then...but great idea, I will try.

May- u don't need wooden blocks. U just need to study. ^_^

amy said...

i wish we have these yard sales in hk! don't all women like to do these bargain shopping and treasure hunting! you definitely got a lot of great finds there! the wooden block game is cute too.

re diaper changing - we've had this problem for a looooooooong time already! now i always give rafael a car or two to play with when i need to change his diapers. your friend's sticker idea is certainly innovative. let me try try later :P

Anonymous said...

wow, those stuff are cool, I was told by my Aunt who lives in UK that she holds a yard sale every month and I always think that it would be great if I could do the same in HK --- you know, so things won't be wasted and perhaps I would find something useful from those sales. You should organize one too !

Auntie Anna