Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Oldies Collection

One of Yoshi's favorite time of the day is watching TV, which is usually right when I am preparing meals. There are only very few TV cartoons that I think is right for his age. So sometimes I would play the videos for him instead.
Most of Yoshi's videos are in Japanese. We figure out he could learn English from TV cartoon or later in school. And for Cantonese, I have not yet find any good ones that's right for his age or they might not fit the dvd player system over here. And a while ago at my friends' garage sales, I have bought many Japanese videos- mostly Shimajiro collection. They are perfect for Yoshi's age.
As u might be wondering why are those in old fashion video tapes instead of dvd?....because most of them are about 5-6 years old. (that's why they were being sold really cheap at garage sale, about US $0.50/tape) Another one of Yoshi's favorite video is this singing music about different transportation.....
.....and I think it might be the oldest among his collection- debut back in 1992....
Although everytime when he watches his "oldies" collection, I can't help to laugh about the hairstyle & fashion of the actors. But to Yoshi, it didn't matter, as long as they know how to sing and dance. In fact, old or new, they teaches the similar great values, similar songs, similar dance moves and most importantly they all kept Yoshi away from the kitchen and he's HAPPY.
I guess the video had just finished, it's time for Yoshi to check out the next selection among his "oldies" collections.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey my fd, I miss the TV dinner, some r quite yummy and most important---very convenience...
Winnie