Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our moments

I have a confession to make~

Yesterday was a long day, we didn't go anywhere. Weather was cloudy and cold, so it didn't help much either. We did have a little fun cooking time for a while, but the rest of the day was filled with crying, mad, frustration......between the two of us. Don't really know how these all started. I think perhaps with Yoshi, he only had a very short nap, he was frustrated with his building toys, he was hungry right before dinner is ready, he couldn't keep on watching TV, he wasn't allowed to go into laundry room (while I was folding clothes in there), he wasn't allowed to touch the garbage bin, he wasn't allowed to tear a page from the story book, and he hasn't meet any of his friends for 2 wks while being sick...........the list went on and on..............And for my part, perhaps because I couldn't get my little personal space, I tried to spend some fun playtime with him and end up seeing him throwing his toys with frustration, and I couldn't "command" the little guy to listen to me, but in return getting a bunch of "No No No", I hadn't talk to or meet anyone else for almost a whole day (it would be helpful if the UPS delivery guy did ring the door bell instead of just leaving the package quietly at the front door)...... one after another, both of our frustration built up. The last straw was his mini accident right before shower- he pee while standing at the corner of the bathroom waiting for shower (it was only few seconds wait)...........huh.

So when Nori came home last night, I had my melt down. (and Yoshi? He was just happy to see Nori's home...big smile came right out) A hug and comfort from Nori is all I need to feel better. He then took Yoshi away from my sight for the following 10 mins while I prepared dinner without disturb. After dinner (while Yoshi had his night time milk), Nori said "He (Yoshi) can sense your stress probably". I looked at little Yoshi, he was watching me from a distance. So I held out both my arms with a smile.......................he then came and lay his head on my laps, with a very comfortable and happy smile. At that moment, my heart melt.............................................

I know we have our moments and we are not perfect. But little incidents like this, help me to reflect myself as being a mom. I have learnt a lot looking back. And it brought us closer together. Not just with little Yoshi, but also to Nori, it made me appreciate so much having a great partner for support.

This morning- Mr. sunshine is here. Yoshi welcomes me with a big smile when I walked into his room. We need to get ready so we can go out and enjoy this very nice weather.

Thanks for sharing my moment together here. That's all we need sometimes to rebounce.

5 comments:

uncle henry said...

Good story. He probably just miss his uncle too much.

dongdong said...

we all have those days. Yoshi is soooooo cute!!

Unknown said...

Pui, nice to see you express the feeling.. and happy to hear Yoshi, Nori and you are doing fine! keep update the blog for us.. as I said I read it everyday~~~ even we are far far away~~~ :)

amy said...

though i always always long to be a full-time mom, i can imagine how stressful it can be staying home to look after one little person all day. with the weather and yoshi getting sick recently, it surprised me that you melted down only yesterday - i think i would have melted down long long time ago if i were you!

great job mom, dad and yoshi! looking forward to sharing more of your simple & yet not so simple, mostly happy and very occasionally unhappy times :P

Kambayashi said...

Thanks everyone for your support. That's the rebounce energy that we all need from each other. Today is a good day, me and Yoshi enjoyed the nice weather outside. In fact, the little incident brought us closer in some way. Thanks again.

Henry- yes, he definitely misses fufu...

Dongdong- welcome to our blog.

Kitty- don't I express my feeling often?! ^_^ can't wait to meet this summer.

Amy- I think u will be a GREAT stay at home mom someday. And I look forward for your new bakery with Rafael. Then maybe Mac will retire soon and become delivery man.