Friday, June 19, 2009

Mini road trip

This morning, Yoshi's cold seem to have greatly improved, so I was looking for places to go out with him. The weather was hot, too hot to be at the park, and I don't feel like going to the mall either (which would turn into another stroller struggle incident). So after a long wait, I decided to take Yoshi for a mini trip- a 1.5 hr drive up north to Columbus, Ohio. Our purpose- visit a Japanese grocery store and bakery (which we don't have Asian bakery cafe here), and also to have lunch. Not that I can't get any asian grocery nearby, but since we haven't been up there for a while, let's go.

How's my backseat passenger? he was great. He was in a good mood, kept looking and admiring the big trucks passed by; entertained himself with peekaboo game; day dreaming; and talking to me.
After a long drive, it's time for lunch...The grocery store, bakery store and restaurant are all in the same shopping area. After about 1.5 hr stay, we were on our way back home. And this time, my backseat passenger slept thru the whole trip. This was our first mini trip just 2 of us, it's not the food that matter the most, but our fun bonding time together that meant the most to me. Thank you little Yoshi.

2 comments:

Uncle Henry said...

Take him to the Columbus zoo for the next road trip!~

Anonymous said...

I want to go too!!

May EE