Monday, December 28, 2009

Am I really ready?

Today I had a doctor appointment and ultrasound check up. Kiharu is now weighing 6 LB 3 oz, everything looks fine. I'm at 37 weeks, due date- January 17th.......at least that's what the computer figures out, and that's what I have in mind. But after the doctor appointment, I'm a bit "lost" (losing focus), as Nori said.

Well, I'm 2 cm dilate, very thin (cervis)......hm......took me few explaination to remember what that really means. Well, bottom line---

Me: "baby is not coming soon yet, right?"
....he gave me a look of 'it could be, mom...'

Me: "seriously, not like within these 2-3 days, right? at least not before grandparents' arrival"
....he gave me a look of 'no one knows, can't predict.......'

Me: "no, not yet..." (I gave him back a look of 'please give me your crystal ball prediction....')

Doctor: "well......no one can really tell when your baby is ready, she is now consider full term anyway. But if I have to bet, she will be here sooner than your due date. Could be as soon as 5-10 days......"
.... I then gave him back a look of 'shock' & 'speechless'

Well, I know....why should I be shocked afterall, this isn't the first pregnancy. But But But..in my mind, I kept thinking I still have 3 weeks. Although like everyone said, Kiharu is the only who knows when she is ready.

So after the doctor appointment, my mind just kept running......
- got to go grocery tomorrow and stock up more food....
- what else I need to pack for my hospital bag and Yoshi's (in case)....
- got to clean up & organize the house more....
- got to pull out the infant car seat from basement......................................................

In fact, I'm not worry about the labor at all, I am more worry about little Yoshi, hoping to get things prepare & organize as much, so it will be easier for grandparents or whoever, if Kiharu arrives much sooner. Nori reassures me they will be fine, which I know they will, but it's just a mother instinct....

Well, after typing this blog for more than 5 mins, Nori said "u are typing a lot tonight...." "yeah...I just need to dump all my worries here on blog, so maybe I can sleep well tonight...."

Me and Nori took this photo back when we were dating, about 10 years ago perhaps...it's from one of those machine that "predict" what your future baby looks like.....(what a waste of money...but lots of dating couples like us fell into the trap for sure). Wonder if Kiharu will look like this photo? just hope she doesn't have the serious eye bags....^_^

5 comments:

blueberrydream said...

I have a feeling that Kiharu is coming early too!! Just can't wait to see how she looks like... maybe just the pic you have took 10 years ago!!

amy said...

isn't it exciting though it's already the 2nd time around! all the best and we look forward to seeing kiharu!!! :)

Anonymous said...

wow you're a super mom + wife ! but please have some rest, Kiharu needs some too ! :)
All the best the Kambayashi :)

Auntie Anna

Anonymous said...

Hey dear, relax, everything should be fine as u have a super good mom and dad r on the flight now. I am sure they can manage everything very well together with Yoshi...I predict Kiharu will be here on 1/1/2010. let's see...take care!!!!
Winnie

Susannah said...

Maybe Kiharu will be the new year's baby... if so you could get on the news : ) Also, don't worry, I don't think anyone is ever ready, just try to get your sleep in now before she comes. Can't wait to meet her.

So funny too about the future kid pics We did a boy and girl from there too when we were dating - yours turned out cute - ours, well.. lets just say it's a good thing our kids don't look like anything like the pics.