Monday, May 4, 2009

Every night.....

Yoshi is almost 2 years old, but I still have the habit of waking up at least once each night to check on him. (long gone those 10 hrs straight sleep) In fact, for these past 2 years, I always ask the same question every night- "what should Yoshi wear to sleep?!" In the winter time, we would have central heat in the house; In the summer time, we would have air conditioning. But no matter what, the first few hrs into his sleep, he would be sweating, esp his head. Then in the middle of the night, his legs and hands would be cold. He doesn't like blanket at all. Thick or thin, large or small blankets, they both won't stay on his body for more than a few hrs before the toss and turn begins. So I think this might be part of the reason why he had caught his cold....well, if anyone has good wardrobe suggestion, please let me know.

While talking about sleep, there is a funny story~
-For many years, Nori had always told me almost every morning- "did u know u pull all the comforter away, and I was freezing in the middle of the night?"
-And for many years, I always replied "Oh...I'm sorry....." with the guilt feeling.
-But then since Yoshi was born, I woke up at least once every night and I have finally discovered the truth to this story-------everytime when I woke up, yes- I have half of the comforter, and the other half was being P-U-S-H-ed to the middle by S-O-M-E-O-N-E. It was Nori himself that didn't want to comforter instead because he was feeling hot (while sleeping)......But then of course when he woke up from his cold at night, all he saw was I being wrapped warmly by the comforter, blaming I rolled around with his half portion too............I guess at least after all these years, truth came out, and I have claimed my innocence!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

amy said...

i think all males, men and little boys, don't like blankets! :P

i have the same problem of deciding what to put on for rafael during sleep too. in the end we got this sleeping bag for him for use when we have the air-con on and in winter. try try!

Kambayashi said...

Sleeping bag- it might be too hot for Yoshi, and I have a feeling he will be tangling himself inside...does Rafael moves a lot during sleep? Yoshi could turn 360 degree on his bed....

Unknown said...

How we all battle with the same problem!

I notice that the sleeping bags usually have an A-line design so kids can twist and turn inside them. May worth a try.

If sleeping bag is out of the question, you may wish to try putting the fan on with a timer for say an hour or two to help him cool down in the first couple of hours. He may be less inclined to drop the blanket.

Btw, your blog is a joy to read and follow!

Kambayashi said...

Hey, are u Kitty K? Just want to check, because your comment doesn't sound like your tone...^_^

amy said...

rafael moves around a lot too during sleep but sleeping bag works fine for him. there are some sleeping bags which are not thick. maybe you can shop around and take a look? there's a famous brand called "grobag" which has materials with different thickness for you to choose from but i'm a bit reserved in using it because the little one's legs are covered and they can't walk with it.

Unknown said...

Oh, sorry, I am Kitty L, not Kitty K! Followed your blog from facebook!

Kambayashi said...

Hey Kitty L, that's what I was wondering, because it didn't sound like my other friend. And u are the only person who also name Kitty as well. ^_^ Thanks for visiting. Maybe u should start your own blog, so we got to know more of your motherhood life. ^_^ Thanks for the comment, we always enjoy reading those.