Wednesday, May 20, 2009

How many times do I have to repeat myself?

Yoshi, my dear, how many times do I have to repeat saying the same thing to you? U are tired of hearing, and I'm VERY tired of saying it. U are almost 2, and I know u understand most of what I was saying. But how come u act like u don't?


When I tell u to change poopy diaper- u roll around on the floor refusing to stay still (even I know it's very uncomfortable on your butt)

When I tell u to eat meal- u just kept playing your toys and ignore me (until I ignore u, then u complaint like why don't I wait for u)

When I tell u to go up/downstairs- u just sat on the stairs, refusing to go up or down, or u would walk into a room and hide for few mins (until u realized I wasn't into your game, but waiting patiently by the stairs)

When I tell u to sit on the car seat and ready to leave- u would kick or twist your body from the car seat till u can escape and play with the wiindow buttons and seat belt (until I pulled your shirt and struggle to buckle up your seat)

When I tell u to get out of the shower tub- u would give me 'that' smile indicating "catch me if u can" and u would even laid down on the tub floor (until I closed the shower door)

When I tell u to stand- u would sit; when I tell u to sit- u would stand.

When I tried to talk to you after or during the fights- u would avoid eye contact & turn your head 45 degree angle.

Yoshi, mama doesn't want to be upset with you constantly, and I know u are a good boy for most of the other time. I would think after few days of our normal routines, u would know the "procedures". But somehow, u seem to prefer challenging my patience instead. Mama is tired of repeating myself, so now, I choose to only say once each time, and patiently waiting for your right behavior. So far, seems like it's working, but I REALLY need to have plently of time and be patient.

On the flip side, at least there are few routines that I don't have to say more than once:
When I tell u to go and sit on the couch while I was getting ready with your TV program- u would do it right away.

When I tell u to get ready with socks and shoes before playing at the backyard- u would sit down right away for me and get so excited.

When I tell u it's tea time for cheese and cookies- u would sit down on the couch right away and wait for me (or the food)
........................................

(Kung kung, Po po, thanks for Yoshi's birthday gift. He enjoys sitting on the new picnic table, enjoying his snacks and coloring with his crayons. Thank you)

5 comments:

amy said...

oh i love the picnic table! yes yes now you can do all the messy art/cooking at the backyard! :)

and let me tell you, it's only gonna get worse and more tricky to deal with the little monster after he turns 2! :P

uncle henry said...

This is the perfect gift!

Anonymous said...

really really really understand your feeling & now I've turned upset & depressed about that already :(

Connie

Anonymous said...

Mom, haven't you heard about "crazy 2" ? Haha.......

Anyway as you said, he is a good boy for the most of the time.Pls share the joys with him sitting on the new table looking at the "藍天白雲" (reflected in the glass from your pictures).

kk & pp

芷恩 said...

玩具好玩嗎??
YOSHI識5識看中文???