Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yoshi's 2nd birthday party

So after few months of being the zoo keeper, the monkey party finally happened yesterday. We had so much fun spending time with 15 kids + parents. It was really hot, but we had a great time. Yoshi didn't seem to have a clue about his own birthday, but I had been singing the birthday song to him for the past few weeks, so in some way, I think he did enjoy a lot. He was just very excited having so many friends around him.

I really enjoy planning birthday party for Yoshi. I did little projects here and there starting from few months ago. I didn't want to pay much for buying decoration, so I did most of them myself, which I enjoy a lot. If anyone want a monkey/ ducky (from last yr) party, call me. ^_^

Today was a slow day here. Everyone was exhausted from the fun party. Without Nori's help (grass cutting, cleaning the deck, setting up the party....), I won't be able to do it all by myself. And of course, thanks to everyone who helped me during the party, it made things much easier to handle. THANK YOU.

Yoshi is still in the process of admiring and enjoying his new gifts. It's like another Christmas here.

I bought the chocolate ice-cream cake base, then decorated into monkey theme myself. Bananas are candies. Palm trees and monkey are not eatable... More photos from the party- (click "details" if u want to read some of the photo descriptions) http://www.flickr.com/photos/kambayashi/sets/72157618727248552/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, the cake was reaaaaaaalllly cool ! and the palm trees ! gee I didn't know you're that good at art and craft ... haha

I've had this type of candies before but never thought they could be used as decorations on a bday cake. I'm going to steal your idea and do one for my sister as she is a "monkey fan" too.

Auntie Anna

amy said...

i admire your creativity to put together the cake and everything!

happy monkey 2 yoshi! :)

Anonymous said...

Yoshi mama and papa, it is amazing! Well done!!=) Have fun with Yoshi san.
Winnie

Unknown said...

You are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Yoshi !

You had a great party !

kk & pp

芷恩 said...

yoshiの~幸福な誕生日^^
書いてください正しいですか???

Unknown said...

Pui, you are wonderful!!! Amazing!!
I love your deco!!

Kambayashi said...

Hey, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. 芷恩, amazed with your Japanese. ^_^ thanks everyone. We are slowly recovering from the party aftermath. But it's all well worth, fun.

Christa said...

Happy Birthday! :D