Friday, October 16, 2009

Halloween gathering

Today, we had invited all the little friends from the Japanese playgroup for a halloween theme playgroup. It was a lot of fun planning for this and seeing all the kids dressed up....EXCEPT my own child. Yoshi (strongly) refused to wear his costume. (let's see if Nori will have his magic trick to get him wearing that for trick or treat later this month). I made those orange fruit mix containers, it was very easy to make (only if Yoshi would leave me alone in the kitchen.....). Yuko-san made the little mashed pumpkin, they were so cute to be eaten. She used the pumpkin skin to cut into little pieces for the face. As for the craft project- precut tree trunk & green grass to be glued onto the paper, then added the leave shape foam stickers on top. Somehow on Yoshi's, all the leaves were fallen to the ground already....^_^

3 comments:

我與我的心肝寶貝s said...

You are amazing! You still have energy to set up a halloween party. It looked so fun.

Can you share how to make the orange pumpkin? I want to learn how to do it.

Kambayashi said...

Hey Cecilia, actually it's very easy to make those pumpkin containers (only if your kids won't start making troubles in the kitchen while u are trying to carve the faces...) here is the instruction- http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/snack-o-lantern-784940/

I used a knife (steak knife) to first cut around the orange inside, then use a big spoon to scoop out the inside. Becareful, tons of juice coming out (fresh juice). Then carved the eyes, nose and mouth. Orange skin is very soft, so it's easy. I did all the containers the night before, then keep in refrigerator. But I wait to mix the fruits together the last minute (I worried the orange might make the strawberries and blueberries too sour if I kept overnight). Good luck. Have fun.

(I was planning to carve different facial expression, but after carving one and with Yoshi starting trouble in the kitchen, I gave up the fancy idea....^_^)

Jaden and Averi said...

You are so creative and loved your collage of pictures. What program do you use to make this collage? I like this square shape picture collage. Great job with your Halloween gathering.