Monday, March 16, 2009

Bilingual gatherings

Gathering #1- language: Japanese
- I have always wanted to meet some Japanese families, so Yoshi could mingle with other Japanese kids and got to communicate. Last Friday, my friend invited me to a Japanese playgroup. All the kids were about the same age as Yoshi. At one point, all 4 of them were sitting around the same toy and taking turns to play, which was amazing for a bunch of 2 yrs old (or almost 2). Yoshi had lots of fun, and I felt like we have put the Japanese video tapes he's been watching from home into reality practice. Like they were teaching how to share toys, how to say thank you......Yoshi will be seeing his new group of friends every other Friday. Can't wait.

P.s.- As for me, I'm glad to meet some new friends too, so I can learn more Japanese and understand the culture much more (from the housewife perspectives...)
Gathering #2- language: Cantonese
- On Saturday, we were being invited to Ethan's house for Wendy's baby shower. This will be Wendy's 3rd babies, but her first in Cincinnati. There were about 11 kids in the house, everyone speaks Cantonese (except Nori....for once, he became a minority and I became the translator ^_^)

Ethan, u looked so happy to have all the kids at your play area. Thanks for sharing the toys.
Charis, u are so adorable, I wanted to take u home with me. Are u ready to be big sis? Poki's great diaper cake presentation, so cute. (it's not a real cake, but inside was filled with diapers) Feast time. (this is the only photo I had on the pretty pregnant mama...I guess I was busy taking the kids photos instead. ^_^)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After attending the baby shower, we also stopped by our other friend's house later that night, and it was a Japanese language gathering.....I bet Yoshi's little (or big) brain was filled with all different languages this whole weekend. But unfortunately besides that, his body was filled with germs too.....poor guy, that night while we were at our friend's house, out of nowhere (he was still laughing, playing right before it happened), he viomited! and since then, he was coughing really bad and had fever last night. We had not been sleeping well these few nights. But we had a doctor appointment later this afternoon. It always make me worry so much when he's sick. I hope he will recover soon. I already miss his talkative and dancing energy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a very nice photo of Yoshi!

amy said...

poor yoshi, get well soon! we miss your story-telling too!

and poor parents, pls take care too!

Anonymous said...

Take care Yoshi, sleep more and hope you can recover soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope Yoshi will get better and you can sleep better too Pui.

PS - I love the photo you took for Nori and Yoshi...Yoshi's so cute...

Auntie Mays