Saturday, November 21, 2009

Be "ME" again

Today I was invited to a "Girls' afternoon tea outing" (or I should say "Moms' outing) with my friends Wendy & Poki. This was something all 3 of us had been looking forward to, because we don't get to do this very often (or almost rare) without kids around. Of course, we had to thank 3 husbands taking care of the kids on their own.

After preparing Nori & Yoshi's lunch, I was on my way out the door. The entire 20 mins drive, I kept thinking what I wanted to share on the blog tonight, there were so much refresh feelings that I almost forgot how I used to take it for granted before having Yoshi:

~Getting ready:

---I can FINALLY wear the shirt with the beaded trim, which I had been avoiding for 2 years, worrying those beads might hurt Yoshi while carrying him....

---I can FINALLY wear the pointed (still flat) shoes, which I wouldn't be comfortable walking around with a kid (or carrying him)....

---I can FINALLY carry my small handbag again which I used to love collecting, but won't fit any diapers inside....

~On the road:

---I can FINALLY turn up the radio volume & have the window down...

---I can FINALLY park my car ANYWHERE in the mall parking lot, not worrying about if I need to carry him eventually and walk all the way from one end of the mall to another...

~In the restaurant:

---I can FINALLY sit & relax with my friends and chat, without looking at my watch the entire time, or compromising my menu option to kids friendly meal....

---I can FINALLY just sit back and relax, without needing to bend my back every few minutes to pick up toys on the floor....

In fact, most of these feelings were actually part of the daily routine in the past. I never realized they have slowly became "distinct" as we have change our priority in life. I'm glad to have this little moment to myself like today with friends, it made me feel refresh and be "me" again.

Thank you Poki & Wendy for the thoughtful planning, this was exactly I needed as part of the celebration for the new baby.....THANK YOU.

No comments: