Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving after thoughts...

Thanksgiving holiday supposed to be a 4 days long weekend, but Nori had to work 2 days. His office closed, but there was an offsite project going on, that required him to be there. The original plan was only for Friday work, but later got extended for Saturday as well. To be honest, I wasn't truely feeling "it's ok, no problem....", but at the same time, "what can we do?!". After all, as most of u know, Nori's has a long working schedule everyday, family time is rare and treasured. Having a long holiday means so much to all of us.

However, on Saturday morning, I suddenly had a whole new thought about this Thanksgiving holiday. While driving in the car with Yoshi, the clear blue sky (& radio Christmas music) made me happy. Instead of feeling a bit sad/lonely that Nori wasn't with us, I was actually feeling very grateful & blessed. I know Nori wanted to be with us as much as we do, but sometimes there just aren't any other options. At least I have a loving husband who appreciates our support, who are willing to help if he can, who cares about my feelings. And I have a happy and healthy little Yoshi, that makes me realize I'm making the right parenthood choices everyday and he has brought so much priceless memories. And I'm so lucky to have a very smooth pregnancy, that allows me to fully enjoy every moment. Even though we live far away from families and many close friends, but we are very fortunate that doesn't seem to be any obsticles in keeping our relationships together. ..............the list goes on and on...

Although not everyday is perfect, not everyday has clear blue sky that makes me happy, and certainly not everyday is complaints free (sure Nori will agree, especially having a pregnant wife who's hormone is very unpredictable....^_^), but as long as I can keep this thankful thought in my mind as reminder, then perhaps I will always feel very blessed!!

(Thanks Carman & Karen for the cute clothes, they fit perfectly on Yoshi...very thoughtful of u all....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we don't actually celebrate thanksgiving here, but this year it's a bit different and though no thanksgiving dinner with my family, I did think a lot about how blessed I am. Having a supportive family, loving boyfriend, good health, bunch of good friends, and most of all, the ability to be grateful for having all the things mentioned.

We had clear blue sky this morning and it made me think of you :)
Miss you, take care.

Auntie Anna

Kambayashi said...

Anna, I hope everyday is clear blue sky, so we can be happy always...thx for sharing.