Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's more than "Thank You"

The words "Thank you" are not even enough to describe the generosity & kindness we have received in the past few weeks..........

#1) Though baby girl (we are still working on the name) has 2 more months before her arrival, but she already has at least a year supply of pretty wardrobe. Several of my friends have given me their daughters' precious clothes. Not only are they generous enough to think of our baby, but they even packed up the clothes and mailed the packages. The other night, the UPS delivery guy was just like an early Santa Clause (except he was wearing brown instead of red outfit...). We are so greatful, and will definitely treasure every one of these items. Thanks again Wendy, Frances & Rhoda, really THANK YOU.

I have never seen that many pinky girly wardrobe before....it is definitely a change from the blue and green that we are used to in the past 2 years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2- Yesterday, I got a suprise baby shower. Just as I thought we were going to a regular playgroup with few Japanese friends, we walked into a pink and purple decorated room. They had each brought dishes of yummy food to share. What a feast. Yoshi also enjoyed a lot as well. I really appreciate all of the effort they put into preparing this suprise gathering. We are so lucky to have many good friends.

This is one of the gift they got for us- "Diaper Cake". It's handmade with roll up baby diapers, and decorated with flowers. This is way too pretty to disassemble someday (in order to use the diapers).... ARIGATO!!
This video was taken at the end of the gathering, when most of these children should have been in bed for their nap time (including Yoshi). They must be "over-tired" that they were super hyper...there wasn't any music in the background, but they just dancing and singing(?!) together. Quite funny.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I love the video, they're like angels singing (though a bit off-tune ... so funny !)... and the cake OMG I had never ever seen something like this in my life, and I swear that one day I'll make one for my next close friend who is going to deliver, just to enjoy seeing the amazed look on everyone's face !

And you're right, you guys have some very thoughtful friends :)

Auntie Anna

amy said...

the pink clothes line-up is really impressive! can't wait to see your little girl putting them on! :)

blueberrydream said...

Hope to she her soon!

Jaden and Averi said...

You are very welcome. You are not ever going to run out of clothes for your baby for sure!!

Matthew Chan said...

Oh my goodness I didn't realise you had a girl on the way ! Congratulations !!!!!